My family's journey down the road less traveled....

Friday, October 12, 2012

Grocery Haul....

We did well this past week on what groceries I bought last Friday, with the exception of Mr. Awesome's© Pepsi addiction.  He vowed to cut back after I showed him the cost of drinking one 2 Liter a day.  Yes, he's already aware of the nasty health consequence.  He tried to cut back, I think, but plowed through the five 2 liters I bought on sale and ended up purchasing another 2 for $3.00.  At least he's trying!!  I bought seven this week but will be hiding three in the pantry for emergency backup.
 

I went $11.90 over my $120 budget for this week which is a bummer but given the state I was in while shopping it could have been much worse.  Today was a rough day.


Meijer had a decent 10 for $10 get the 11th item free sale: Pepsi, hand soap, ziploc baggies, Rotel, and deodorant.  They were out of family pack of their pork ribs for $1.49/lb.

Most important items I picked up today:
 I spent two hours hunched over an open fire stirring 30 gallons of apple butter while listening to a crazy woman rant and rave.....this will help me forget...hopefully.


Weekly Menu:
Friday: Baked Potatoes (using up the last of the leftover chili as topping)
Saturday: Beef Au Jus sandwiches(was supposed to be BBQ Ribs) and Chipotle Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Sunday: Chicken Tacos (bought split breasts for $0.99lb and will cook Saturday and shred)
Monday: Black Bean Burgers and Fries
Tuesday: Chicken Pot Pie (realized as I typed this I forgot pie crusts...will be making them from scratch!!)
Wednesday: Smoked Sausage and Fried Potatoes
Thursday: Leftovers

Breakfasts:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Cherry Coffeecake
Egg, Sausage and Cheese Burritos

Off to ease my aching back.....Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment