My family's journey down the road less traveled....

Friday, October 19, 2012

Being Frugal is a HARD!!!!

All right boys and girls....I came in $18.02 over budget this week.  Boo!!  Hiss!!  Bah!!!  This just makes me want to plan better and re-adjust my menus.  I am going to incorporate at least one vegetarian meal per week and start making the Oompas snacks from scratch again.  Once upon a time, if the Oompas were hungry for an after school snack, I had frozen homemade mini pizzas in the freezer for them.  I have gotten away from that due to my work schedule but with my newfound free time*snickers and laughs* I can get snackies made that will last a few weeks.

Weekly Menu

  • Friday: Alfredo and Pesto (pulled out a little leftover chicken too)
  • Saturday: Beef Tacos with chips and guacamole
  • Sunday: Chicken Salad Sandwiches with  roasted potatoes
  • Monday: Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup and fries (Oldest Oompa choir concert and Ginger has volleyball game...both at the same time!!)
  • Tuesday: Spaghetti with yeast rolls
  • Wednesday: Pork Burrito Bowls
  • Thursday: Leftovers
Total $138.02 with almost 15lbs of meat, Mr. Awesome's© Pepsi (Kroger 10/$10), a package of free lunchmeat and Aldi's new Hazelnut Spread(just like Nutella only $1.99!!!)
I was able to get a good deal on this bad mamba-jamba too!!  I had a $5 off any Rubbermaid product MPerks digital coupon which brought the price to $20.86 with tax.  I did not include this in my weekly budget, it gets categorized under household expenses.  I am actually excited to do a little cleaning tomorrow and try out my new toy!!

Looking over my receipts  I am proud of my savings.  If I had purchased all these items at regular price with no coupons my bill would have been $214.69.  That's a savings of $55.81.  Not shabby but I know it can be better.  Will research new menu ideas and try again next week!!  Send me your favorite low cost and/or vegetarian meal idea!!!

Frugally yours...........Deborah 

No comments:

Post a Comment