My family's journey down the road less traveled....

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Feeling blah, so I made taco seasoning!!!

I'm feeling a little punkish today.  It's been a roller coaster of emotions the past few days.  I'm trying to keep a little normalcy to my days which I'm hoping will help keep me and everyone in the house on an even keel.  I know the Oompas are stressing about the recent changes in employment status and I'm doing my best to keep their fears calmed without giving false hopes.  Fine line to walk.

Keeping in line with a little normalcy, I've decided to post a cost saving recipe that also tastes delicious.

Taco Seasoning-this makes about 4-5 packets worth but tastes sooo much better than that store bought crap!!

1/4 c flour
1/4 c chili powder
4 tsp cumin
4 tsp oregano
4 tsp cocoa powder
4 tsp salt
3 tsp dried minced onion
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients well, store in airtight container.  When you are ready to use: add 3-4 tablespoons of seasoning plus 1/4-1/3 cup water for 1lb of meat.


No comments:

Post a Comment