My family's journey down the road less traveled....

Monday, November 26, 2012

'Twas the Monday after Thanksgiving....

Here's hoping everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving and got your fill of turkey, football and shopping.  The Oompas and I spent a day baking in preparation of the big day...here is Ginger's first ever apple pie.
Leave it to her to decorate with a squirrel and acorns.  Sigh, she's sooo weird!!!  We spent Thanksgiving with my brother and his wife, my mom, Pops and my oldest nephew.  It was mellow but good.  We were missing my other dad, unfortunately he spent the week in the hospital.  He's recovering well and should be going home today or tomorrow.

Keeping with family traditions Ginger and Boy Oompa and I put up the Christmas decorations on Friday.  This was the first year they were old enough to really be helpful.  Grumpy Teenager Oompa stayed as far away from the living room as possible.  It's a phase...I hope.  It was funny to hear them complain about how short the tree is!!  I told them to remedy the situation they should stop growing...they didn't like my idea.    


I've been reading all these Facebook posts and other blogs, seeing other families' traditions and I need to have an Elf on the Shelf.  Have you seen these??  Creepy little stalker elves that snitch to Santa!!  I'm kinda in love.

The rest of the weekend was a blur of football games, Christmas movies, using up leftovers and letters to Santa.  Girl Oompas go back to school tomorrow so we're running a few errands then spending the day cleaning house and getting laundry washed for the week.  You know...the fun stuff.  Maybe I'll even squeeze in a little Cyber Monday shopping!!!

Recovered from my turkey coma...............Deborah


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:19 PM

    Glad to hear you all had a wonderful time....although I believe there is a sister that wasn't there but needs her horn tooted~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, yes of course....see I didn't blog about my sister's absence because the pain was and still is almost unbearable. My sister is so amazingly awesome that her not being at Thanksgiving dinner has left me empty inside. Sigh...maybe I'll be alright after a few therapy sessions. :-)

    ReplyDelete