My family's journey down the road less traveled....

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sunshine and Groceries....Under Budget!!!

It is an absolutely beautiful day here in Ohio.  The sun is shining and it's a balmy 70 degrees.  Almost unheard of for November.  I spent the morning working at the camp...they were severely short staffed and with the Board of Directors holding their quarterly meeting at the camp they needed help.  Those extra dollars for my pocket were helpful as well.

This past week was good too....I'm back in the childcare business again.  I am watching the most adorable 13 month old little girl and her just turned 5 year old brother.  I get to cuddle a baby, work with the little boy on preschool basics and keep up on lessons with Boy Oompa.  There is going to be a little adjustment period but if this week is an indicator, we'll be just fine.  Did I mention how adorable the baby is?  If not....she's cute.  Really.

On an even brighter note, I came in under budget with my grocery shopping!!!  $118.77..... Oompas were free!!

Kroger Deals: Milk $1.25/half gallon, Pepsi 10/$10, Batteries 1.99 each, Farm Rich Snacks $1.99(after 2 coupons totaling $2.50 off each), Domino Sugar 4lbs $1.99
Meijer Deals: mPerks 5% off all items, Tennessee Pride sausage $1.79 w/coupon, chicken breasts $1.87lb, Angel Soft 12 double rolls $4.99 w/mPerks coupon.

Weekly Menu:
Take-Out
Pizzas
Chicken Sandwiches and fries
Pork Burritos
Potato Skins, Cheese Sticks and Pizza Snacks
Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
Leftovers

As always, I picked up a few things for breakfasts and lunches over the course of the week and will spend a few hours tomorrow morning getting those ready.


$1.23 under budget...............Deborah


No comments:

Post a Comment