My family's journey down the road less traveled....

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Little Boys are Grody...

When the littlest Oompa was a mere babe, I began kissing his little temple every time I would pick him up or set him down or really, whenever I felt the urge.  Over the years we dubbed it "the spot".  Now that's he's older and it's not all that cool to get slobbered on my mom, I just ask for the spot and he tilts his head for a quick peck.  During this weird and clingy act, I would also give his head a quick sniff.  For all you moms out there, you know the intoxicating scent of your baby's head is one no master perfumer can rival.  I could probably pick my Oompas scent during a blind test. 

Fast forward a few years and um.....Houston, we have a problem.  I learned last night that 8 year old boys are grody.  Like, seriously, grody to the max!  Gag me with a spoon.

I checked in on my little guy before going to bed and saw "the spot" was in prime reach for a kiss.  However, the stench coming off that little snot about knocked me out.  He smelled like my brother's room did when we were teenagers.  Ew.  Really, ew.  I guess it was to be expected.  He belly crawls across the ground stalking me, his sisters, the chickens any chance he gets.  He climbs dirt mounds for fun and thinks mud puddles are the best thing going.  I got a little spoiled too with my girls.  They like to smell  fruity and pride themselves in clean shiny hair.  They even wear perfume. 

Sigh...looks like my head sniffin' days are over.  I love my littlest Oompa but fear my nose will go on strike if I expose it to that putrid vapor again. 

From behind the gas mask.......Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment