My family's journey down the road less traveled....

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Back to the Grind

Finances have been tight here at the ol' homestead since Mr. Awesome© lost his job back in October.  I've been working, when work was available, at the camp but struggling to pull 10 hours a week.  It will get progressively busier as the weather breaks and we resume a steady stream of school groups plus with the summer camp sessions beginning in mid-June I'll be busier than a one legged man at a butt kickin' contest!  Unfortunately, June is a ways off and we've got bills that need to be paid, like now!

In the meantime, I've accepted a job at a local assisted living facility in their housekeeping and dietary departments.  Cookin' and cleaning.  Two things I can do well!  Pay is a little lower than the camp and it's a 20 mile hike versus the 8 mile trip to the camp.  The selling point is more hours and longer shifts. With both jobs being part-time I'm hoping I can balance them without difficulty.  My boss at the camp is amazing and she understands that I need to support my family. I'll deal with any scheduling conflicts as they arrive and pray I can balance both jobs, the house, garden, kids and Mr. Awesome©!!

No comments:

Post a Comment