My family's journey down the road less traveled....

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook #2


 Simple Woman Daybook #2


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
the skies are gray and I am watching it rain.

I am thinking...about what activity/class/etc I can do that'll be just for me.


I am thankful...for this quiet moment of peace in my day.


In the kitchen...are dirty lunch dishes and the ingredients for dinner!


I am wearing...Jeans, t-shirt, and hubby's flannel shirt.


I am creating...menus for work.


I am going...to finish up the boy's school work then tidy up my chicken coop and collect eggs...if the rains lets up.


I am wondering...when I'll feel we're financially secure enough to take a vacation.


I am reading...sadly, nothing at the moment.


I am hoping...the cold weather that's coming this weekend doesn't last. I don't like cold!!


I am looking forward to...this weekend.  I will get together with my family to celebrate my oldest nephew's birthday.


I am learning...that remaining calm in a crisis is much harder to do than you might think. 


Around the house...it is quiet.  The girls are back at school, hubby back at work and the boy is taking his lunch break from home school and is back playing in his room.


I am pondering...why, when life looks like it's taking a turn for the better, we get hit with troubles and more importantly, how to overcome.


A favorite quote for today..."
I don't know....maybe we win....maybe we don't. But I had to try"-my mother-in-law. Lord knows, I need to take chances more often in life!!


One of my favorite things...big hugs from my son.  He gave me one when I mentioned I had a headache.


A few plans for the rest of the week:Work tomorrow morning, running oldest daughter to Pep Band, dentist appointment on Saturday to get small cavity filled(yuck) and dinner with the family on Sunday.  


A peek into my day...

















No comments:

Post a Comment