My family's journey down the road less traveled....

Thursday, January 05, 2012

The Power of the Subconscious...

Our bodies are such amazing machines and it's hard for me to understand how someone could think we evolved from fish.  Our systems are so intertwined and complex yet at times so very simple too.  The human mind is so very incredible, it controls breathing, heart rate, all organ function, blinking, you name it, with such precision.  Race cars and Swiss watches are pale in comparison to the human body.

My astonishment (well today's anyway) stems from a rather bizarre dream I had last night.  Even though I know it was only a dream, I am still embarrassed by the situation.  Please no snickering!!  In my dream, I was in a living room with many family members.  My father-in-law and husband's cousin's wife were the only 2 with faces.  I just know the room was fairly crowded with folks sitting around watching TV.  I was seated on a toilet in the front of the room, up by the TV.  Yup, doing my business!!  Weird right??  There were more details but I'll spare you.  By the end of the dream I had gotten up and walked as casually as one possibly could to the kitchen and sat down and started a conversation with the before mentioned husband's cousin's wife.  Oddly, no one said anything or acted like me relieving myself in such a manner was out of the ordinary.  I remember feeling horribly embarrassed but acted as nonchalantly as possible to help diffuse the angst. 

I used a handy dandy dream dictionary and came up with this:

To dream that you are in a public restroom with no stalls or that there are a lot of people around while you are trying to do your business signifies your frustrations about getting enough privacy. You are always putting others ahead of your own needs. As a result, you are lacking a sense of personal space. Alternatively, the dream indicates that you are having difficulties letting go of old emotions. You are afraid that if you reveal these feelings, then others around you will judge and criticize you.  

Wow!  I have been feeling a little cramped lately.  My girls were home all day for two weeks over Christmas break and Mr. Awesome© was off work for one of those weeks as well.  It was cold and rainy which meant we rarely left the house.  The noise level, constant mess and sibling bickering was overwhelming at times.  I noticed I began gritting my teeth again and looking back had near daily headaches.  I have a recorded history with Seasonal Affective Disorder so with the lack of sunlight and fresh air I tend to get a little squirrely anyway.  Guess I'm not coping as well as I thought I was.  It seems I need to make a plan to get some decent "me" time.  

What do you engage in that's just for you?  How do you connect with you?


Disconnected......Deborah  



No comments:

Post a Comment