My family's journey down the road less traveled....

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Plodding along...sigh...

Today is Tuesday and this week is already proving to be difficult. 

We were looking over schedules and realize that the girl Oopma-Loompas only have 3 more weeks of school while boy Oompa has at least 8-10 weeks left.  Due in large part to us switching charter schools during the first week of November.  Don't get me started on what a turd the old school's curriculum proved to be.  No math lessons!!  None, nada, zero, zip, zilch.  They kept saying they were developing a new, improved math curriculum that would knock our socks off but in the meantime, no math.  Grrrr, I got started...sorry.  Rant over!!

Boy Oompa offered to double up on Science, History and Math lessons plus complete an extra lesson or two on Saturdays in order to have a decent summer break.  Bless his pointed little head!!   His goal is to have all lessons finished by the first week in July so he'll be ready for summer camp.  He's really excited about camp.  It'll be his first experience sleeping away from home without his sisters and without the luxury of staying at MeeMaw and Papa's house.  I'm a little worried about this because he's a bit of a Momma's Boy.  I made him that way...he can't ever leave me!  Will add "toughen up boy" to my to-do list.


Let's add to this week's stress by having a full work schedule, middle Oompa's 4th grade recorder concert (yah!! :-?)  and Mr. Awesome just called me to report 2 growing cracks in his windshield.  UGH.  He was headed to the scrapyard when the car in front of him threw a rock up.  Looks like we will need a new windshield.  Deductible is $100.  Not exactly what I wanted to spend money on but it happens. 

On the brighter side, not that one can see it through these dang rain clouds,  I got a lead on a good job.  My sister-in-law works for a steel supplier and they are in desperate need of inside sales people.  I like being inside and I know how to sell things!!  I polished up my resume and sent it off so fingers crossed.  It pays amazingly well, offers bonuses and insurance.  Downside is the full-time hours and long drive.  I'm looking at it as a temporary solution to our financial problems.  We should hopefully hear back this week about the job at Honda for Mr. Awesome .  It pays amazingly well too and would mean a huge weight would be lifted.  Praying big time for this opportunity!!

...wishing everyone a calm week

No comments:

Post a Comment