My family's journey down the road less traveled....

Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother's Day Happiness...

Hope all you moms had a great day, pampered by your hubbies and kiddles.  I have been celebrating Mother's Day for 12 years now and this is the first year Mr. Awesome© and the Oompas went all out making it a great day for me!!  The Oompas' band Thunder Monkeys played a show at a friend's school on Saturday evening so I slept in a little.  My Mom was up visiting and we enjoyed a nice cuppa joe whileMr. Awesome© made eggs, bacon and toast!!  I had to assist a little as he's not well versed on how to make eggs but my input was minimal!

My Mom and I got to hang out, enjoying the peace and quiet during the afternoon.  Mr. Awesome© and the Oompas went into town to procure gifts for us!  The work boots I wanted were being a tad illusive so I have to hunt for those myself but the kids did get me several pairs of new earrings!  Littlest Oompa gave my his present last, since it "was the best"!  Love that kid!!

My day of rest and being adored is over.  Monday had arrived with a large list of chores but I'm not complaining.  The sun is shining, the air is warm and I look hot with my new earrings in!!!


Happy Mothering to all....

No comments:

Post a Comment