My family's journey down the road less traveled....

Friday, March 16, 2012

If This is Global Warming...I'm In!!!

It's only mid-March here in Ohio and today's high temp will hit 74 degrees!!  Ya'll read that right...74 beautiful, warm, makes me want to get out and play in the dirt, degrees.  Halleluiah!!! 

It seems a little absurd to complain about cold weather since we really haven't had any...at all.  There were a few days/nights where the temps plummeted near the 0 degree mark but they didn't last long.  Top it off with only a few inches of that white death stuff and it doesn't seem right to call it winter to begin with. More like Sfall, or maybe Frspring??  I digress.

My rational side (read buzz-kill) tells me that these last few glorious days are an anomaly and we will get a cold snap before spring makes her true entrance.  This is after all, Ohio.  Our weather patterns are more bipolar than all the loonies from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.  I remember blizzard like conditions at the end of March a few years ago.  We got snowed in and Mr. Awesome© missed his all important auto show in Detroit. 

However, I will not let my inner child down...we've got big plans for the weekend which include trimming the apple trees, plotting out my new garden and maybe even firing up the tiller!  This spring fever even prompted me to buy a cheapy little greenhouse and get my seeds started.  I'm prepared baby!! 


Wishing you all an early spring................Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment